Lifecycle for Control Cycles (New) ( RELNPP_605_MAN_LMAN02_LC )Addresses (Business Address Services) RFUMSV00 - Advance Return for Tax on Sales/Purchases
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Lifecycle for Control Cycles (New)
As of SAP Enhancement Package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0 (SAP_APPL 605), business function Kanban Enhancements for Lean Manufacturing, the lifecycle feature is available for control cycles. This function enables you to plan and monitor the different phases of the control cycle in greater detail.
Lifecycle data is now supported in addition to the other, already existing control cycle parameters For this purpose, four new statuses are available to you in the detailed view for control cycle maintenance (transacton PKMC):
- In Creation
- Released with planned release date and planned lock date
- Released with release date and planned lock date
- Locked with lock date
An explanation of the individual statuses is provided here. It is not possible to change the status in the event of inconsistent control cycle data.
In addition to the status categories, you can enter various other data that relates to the different lifecycle statuses (such as the (planned) release or lock date) and facilitates the detailed planning of your control cycles. You enter this data on a new subscreen. The status and data fields are also available in the table view of the Advanced List Viewer (ALV).
The new status categories facilitate improved representation of different phases of the kanban control cycle:
- If you have activated lifecycle management in Customizing, you can choose the status. If you do not choose another status, each new kanban control cycle is created in the status In Creation. The data in this control cycle does not have to be consistent. You can maintain and save the data without a consistency check being carried out by the system. However, you have the option of manually triggering a consistency check. This applies to both individual and mass processing. A control cycle in this status does not have any kanban containers.
- As soon as you change the status of the control cycle to Created in the classic Kanban procedure, the system creates the desired number of kanban containers. Functions such as Display Kanbans or Print Kanbans now become active. You can release control cycles that have this status for productive operation.
- In event-driven Kanban, the system does not create any kanban containers. You cannot trigger the material replenishment process with control cycles that have this status.
- Release for Productive Operation
- Control cycles with the status Released trigger replenishment processes. You can change the status either manually in control cycle maintenance or with the aid of a report. To do so, from the SAP Easy Access menu, choose Logistics -> Production -> Kanban -> Control Cycle -> Change Lifestyle Status(transaction PKLCM). Maintain some selection criteria, such as plant, production supply area, etc., according to which you wish to release the control cycles.
- The kanban containers belonging to the control cycle can be unlocked. Additional information on this is available under Release of Kanban Containers.
- Already existing control cycles acquire the status Released, with the creation date Initial following activation of the lifecycle.
- Use of Productive Control Cycles
- For replenishment processes, you use control cycles with the status Released. For control cycles that have this status, you can enter a (planned) lock date in order to plan their withdrawal from the production process.
- Withdrawal from Productive Operation
- You can lock control cycles to withdraw them from production. You can use the transaction PKLCM in this case too. For the associated kanban containers, the replenishment process can be ended but not retriggered. Such containers likewise acquire the status Locked.
- Deletion of Control Cycles
- You use this function to delete control cycles with all their associated data. You can only delete locked control cycles.
The already mentioned report Change Lifecycle Status facilitates administration of the control cycles inasmuch as it changes the status automatically on the basis of the planned release and lock dates. In the case of locked control cycles, it checks whether they satisfy the prerequisites for deletion.
You can delete the lifecycle for control cycles only if all control cycles have the status Released. For this purpose, you must first delete locked control cycles or release newly created ones.
You can now generate change documents for the status changes and for all other changes relating to control cycle data. You can display them using the Change Documents pushbutton in the detailed view in control cycle maintenance.
Effects on Existing Data
Effects on Data Transfer
Effects on System Administration
Effects on Customizing
To use the the control cycle lifecycle functionality and change documents choose Production -> Kanban -> Activate Additional Functions for Control Cycles in Customizing.
SAP Library for SAP ERP on the SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com/erp -> ERP Central Component -> SAP ERP Enhancement Packages -> ERP Central Component Enhancement Package 5 -> SAP ERP Central Component -> Logistics -> Production -> PP Kanban -> Master Data for Kanban -> Control Cycle -> Lifecycle for Control Cycles.
ROGBILLS - Synchronize billing plans BAL_S_LOG - Application Log: Log header data
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 7166 Date: 20140729 Time: 023210 sap01-206 ( 42 ms )