/RPM/MIGRATION_2_CP_PROJECTS - Portf. Mgmt Migration: Transfer xRPM 2.0 to cProjects 4.0 Project DataBAL_S_LOG - Application Log: Log header data General Material Data
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
The purpose of this step is to migrate the SAP xRPM 2.0 projects to Project Management.
- You have completed the migration of global role to role function prior to executing this migration program.
- You have completed the migration of project to project item prior to executing this migration program.
- In SAP xRPM 4.0, the project manager becomes the portfolio item owner which you can maintain and review through the authorizations tab page in the portfolio item overview. Portfolio items make use of access control ists. This migration was already done in the previous migration step where portfolio items were created.
- In cProjects 4.0, a project manager is defined through defining a role first, then assigning a user to this project role and at the end, assigning this role to the Responsible Rolefield within the cProjects project details.
- The role type for the project manager role must be configured prior to the execution of this migration program.
- You configure the role type by choosing Project Management -> Resource Management ->Basic Settings for Project Roles -> Define Project Role Types.
- You configure the project type by choosing Project Management -> Structure -> Define Project Types.
- You configure the phase type by choosing Project Management -> Structure -> Define Phase Types.
- You configure the task type by choosing Project Management -> Structure -> Define Task Types.
- In addition to the role type, you have reviewed and maintained the additional configuration steps for cProjects where necessary prior to the execution of this migration program. You configure Project Management by choosing Project Management.
- SAP xRPM 2.0 Approver is assigned to the project in Project Management with WRITE permission.
- SAP xRPM 2.0 Reviewer is assigned to the project in Project Management with READ permission.
- SAP xRPM 2.0 Resource Manager is assigned to the Resource Manager authorization in Project Management.
SAP xRPM Objects Migrated to Project Management
Existing SAP xRPM 2.0 tasks will be migrated to project tasks in Project Management. The whole SAP xRPM 2.0 task structure is created under an artificial phase 'TASK HIERARCHY' in Project Management irrespective of whether an SAP xRPM 2.0 task is assigned to an SAP xRPM 2.0 phase or not.
Existing SAP xRPM 2.0 roles are migrated to roles in Project Management.
Project Resource Assignment
- Existing SAP xRPM 2.0 project resource to role assignments are migrated to resource to role assignments in Project Management ('cProjects BuPa-Links')
- Booking status: In SAP xRPM 2.0, the booking status (soft-booked/hard-booked) has been maintained on a project resource level, independent of the roles to which a resource was assigned. In SAP xRPM 4.0, the corresponding Project Management project stores this information on the resource to role assignment which gives more flexibility and a clearer definition, if a resource is committed hard-booked to all roles in question.
Existing SAP xRPM 2.0 object links for projects and tasks are migrated to corresponding object links in Project Management.
Test Mode (No Database Update)
- If you set the indicator, the system does not update the database.
- If you do not set the indicator, the system updates the database and stores the logs.
- Project Category
- Select a project category from the dropdown list. If you leave this field blank, all project categories are migrated.
- Project Subcategory
- Select a single project subcategory or a range of project subcategories from the dropdown list. If you leave this field blank, all projects subcategories are migrated.
- Project ID
- Select a single project ID or a range of project ID's from the dropdown list. If you leave this field blank, all projects are migrated.
Project Manager Role Settings
- Role ID for Project Manager
- The system proposes the default role ID PROJECT_MANAGER. However, you can overwrite the default if desired.
- Role Description
- The system proposes the role description for the project manager role. However, you can overwrite the default if desired.
- Role Type for Project Manager
- Select the role type defined for Project Management from the dropdown list.
- Role Type for Others
- Project Type
- Select the project type defined for Project Management from the dropdown list.
- Select the phase type defined for Project Management from the dropdown list.
- Task Type
- Select the task type defined for Project Management from the dropdown list.
Transfer Integration-Based SAP xRPM 2.0 Task Structure
- Under a Dummy Project Management Phase:
- If you set this indicator, the system creates a whole SAP xRPM 2.0 task structure under an artificial phase 'TASK HIERARCHY' in cProjects. No other phases are created in Project Management .
- If you do not set this indicator, the system creates phases in Project Management based on the SAP xRPM 2.0 phases. If the SAP xRPM 2.0 top level task is assigned to an SAP xRPM 2.0 phase, the top level task structure is migrated to Project Management and will fall under the Project Management phase that corresponds to the SAP xRPM 2.0 phase.
Based on the selection options, SAP xRPM 2.0 projects data is migrated to Project Management.
ABAP Short Reference CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES - Frontend Services
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 7253 Date: 20191022 Time: 002458 sap01-206 ( 37 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.