/RPM/MIGRATION_ITEMS_4_5 - xRPM Migration: Convert Projects into ItemsABAP Short Reference Fill RESBD Structure from EBP Component Structure
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
You use this report to migrate projects in SAP xRPM 2.0 to portfolio items in SAP xRPM 4.0.
- Item types
You must configure item types before you use this report. To do this, in Customizing for SAP xApp Resource and Portfolio Management (SAP xRPM), choose Global Customizing ->Portfolio-Independent Settings ->Define Portfolio Item Types.
- Portfolio structure
You must create the portfolio structure before you run this report.
- Geographical location, location, and priority
Before you run this report, you must convert the geographical locations, locations, and priorities.
- Object link type definitions
You must have migrated object link types before you run this report. The definition for each object link type used in a project must exist in the new configuration tables.
- cProjects project type
For each project in SAP xRPM 2.0, this migration report creates a project in cProjects and links it to a portfolio item in SAP xRPM 4.0. When the cProjects project is created, a cProjects project type must be assigned to the cProjects project. SAP ships a default cProjects project type that should be used when creating the cProjects project.
For more information about project types, in Customizing for SAP xApp Resource and Portfolio Management (SAP xRPM), choose Global Customizing ->Global Settings->Check Global Settings.
If you want to use a different project type in cProjects, you can define a customer-specific default project type in Customizing for SAP xApp Resource and Portfolio Management (SAP xRPM), by choosing Global Customizing ->Global Settings->Override Default Global Settings.
- Customer attribute definitions for SAP xRPM 2.0 projects
If customer-specific fields in an SAP xRPM 2.0 project were of a strategic portfolio management nature, you must add these fields to a new customer include structure for portfolio items. You must create the structure CI_RPM_ITEM_ATT and add all fields from the SAP xRPM 2.0 project structure CI_RPM_TS_PROJECT_ATT, which are relevant for portfolio processes, manually to the new structure.
If customer-specific fields in an SAP xRPM 2.0 project were related to operational project management processes, you must add these fields to a new customer include structure for cProjects. You must create the structure CI_DPR_PROJECT and add all fields from the SAP xRPM 2.0 project structure CI_RPM_TS_PROJECT_ATT, which are related to operational project management, manually to the new structure.
Note: Provided that the names of the customer fields are the same in SAP xRPM 2.0 and SAP xRPM 4.0, the migration report automatically transfers the values of the customer fields for each project.
The report converts a project manager in SAP xRPM 2.0 to the owner of a portfolio item in SAP xRPM 4.0.
The report converts an approver from SAP xRPM 2.0 to a user with write permission for portfolio items in SAP xRPM 4.0.
The report converts a user who runs migration programs in SAP xRPM 2.0 to a user with administration rights for portfolio items in SAP xRPM 4.0.
This report automatically generates decision points for portfolio items. After migration is complete, you adjust the decision points manually.
This report automatically creates an item and a cProjects header. The cProjects header later contains the operational data (for example, roles and tasks) from the project in SAP xRPM 2.0.
If the project in xRPM 2.0 is a master project, this report automatically creates a portfolio item and a collection.
Test Mode (No Database Update)
- If you set the indicator, the system does not update the database.
- If you do not set the indicator, the system updates the database and stores the logs.
You can enter a project category, project subcategory, or project ID in the corresponding fields. If you leave a field blank, the report migrates all of the object types.
Portfolio and Bucket Assignment
If you select Assign According to Conversion, the report assigns the category or subcategory to objects in a portfolio structure based on settings you made during the previous migration process.
If you select Manually Assign, the new item is assigned to the portfolio and bucket that you enter.
Item Type Selection
You enter the item type defined for the project and proposal that you are migrating from SAP xRPM 2.0.
Item/Decision Point Status
- Item Status from Execution Status
- The SAP xRPM 4.0 portfolio item status is populated based on a one-to-one mapping with the SAP xRPM 2.0 execution status. If you do not set this indicator, item statuses are not processed.
- Decision Point Status from Approval Status
- The SAP xRPM 4.0 decision point statuses are populated based on the approval status of the SAP xRPM 2.0 object which can be a proposal or a project.
- If you set this indicator, you maintain the same item type for proposal and project in the area Item Type Selection.
cProjects Project Already Exists
This is possible only in the two-box scenario. For more information about the one-box scenario and the two-box scenario, see in the upgrade master guide in the SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/instguides.
You use the Link Item to cProjects Projectindicator in the following situations:
- You have imported a cProjects project for the SAP xRPM 2.0 project and you have carried out this import through integration with a cProjects system (in other words, you link the SAP xRPM 2.0 project to a cProjects project).
- You have already imported the cProjects system to cProjects 4.0 (in other words, the cProjects project that is linked to the SAP xRPM 2.0 project already exists in cProjects 4.0).
Setting this indicator will have the following effect:
- A new cProjects project is not created.
- The SAP xRPM 2.0 project is migrated to the SAP xRPM 4.0 item.
- The existing cProjects project in cProject 4.0 is linked to this migrated SAP xRPM 4.0 item.
This selection parameter is only valid for a two-box upgrade - meaning that the SAP xRPM 2.0 system is different from the SAP xRPM 4.0 system.
Based on your selection options, projects in SAP xRPM 2.0 are migrated to portfolio items in SAP xRPM 4.0.
ABAP Short Reference CPI1466 during Backup
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 8052 Date: 20200225 Time: 055537 sap01-206 ( 45 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.