/RPM/SET_ITEM_ICONS - Calculate Status and Update Key Figure ValuesGeneral Material Data Vendor Master (General Section)
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
You use this report to make the following statuses and attributes visible in the front end for the items specified:
- Portfolio item status in the item dashboard and the item overview
- Budget Status
- Schedule Status
- Staffing Status
- Attributes in the financial overview tab page of the item overview
- Total Budget
- Annual Budget
- Planned Costs
- Planned Cost YTD
- Actual Cost
- Actual Cost YTD
Additionally, you use this report to update key figure values for items and initiatives. You can also adjust and update generated thresholds for the key figures.
- You have defined the item alerts in Customizing, by choosing SAP Portfolio and Project Management -> Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio Item Settings ->Define Portfolio Item Alerts.
- You have defined key figures for the objects item and/or initiative in Customizing, by choosing SAP Portfolio and Project Management -> Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing → Process and Service Settings → Key Figure Monitor → Define Key Figures.
- To update the generic thresholds, you have implemented the Business Add-In, by choosing SAP Portfolio and Project Management -> Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing → Process and Service Settings → Key Figure Monitor → BAdI: Threshold Values for Key Figure Monitor.
The following statuses are displayed in the front end on the Item Dashboard and Item Overviewview:
The staffing status for an item is determined by calculating the difference between total demand (for all roles) and total assignment (assignments for all roles) with a given assignment unit during the item's duration.
The formula is as follows:
|Assignment = 0||Status: red (configurable)|
|0 < Assignment ||Status: yellow (configurable)|
|Assignment = Demand||Status: green (configurable)|
|Assignment > Demand||Status: yellow + green.|
In the item dashboard, when you click the status in the Staffing Statuscolumn, you can see a brief status overview of the staffing situation for the portfolio item based on the demand (role demand in Project Management) and the resource supply (resource assignments) for this item with a given assignment unit for one year in ranges of three months.
The schedule status for an item is based on the ratio of completed tasks to date to all tasks that are planned to be completed to date. Each task is weighted by the number of planned hours it takes to complete and the percentage completion of the task.
In the item dashboard, when you click the status in the Scheduling Status column, you can see a brief status overview of the scheduling situation for the portfolio item in ranges as follows:
- 0% to 24%
- 25% to 49%
- 50% to 74%
- 75% to 99%
The budget status indicator gives a summary of planned cost and actual cost as follows:
- Planned Cost = Sum of financial data for amount type Budget
- Actual Cost = Sum of financial data for amount type Actual Cost
The budget status is calculated as follows:
- For budget cost (total) > actual cost:
- budget ratio = (actual cost (total) - budget cost (total)) / actual cost (total) x 100
- For budget cost (total) < = actual cost (total):
- budget ratio = (actual cost (total) - budget cost (total)) / budget cost (total) x 100
In the item dashboard, when you click the status in the Budget Status column, you can see a brief status overview of the budget situation of the portfolio item.
Test Mode: Set this indicator to run the report in simulation mode; no data is saved.
Portfolio ID: Select the portfolio for which the report is to be run.
Bucket ID: Select the bucket to which the items belong.
Item ID: Select the items for which the statuses and the derived attributes need to be calculated. You can select multiple items by selecting the range upon clicking the arrow on the right.
Update Key Figure Thresholds: If you set this indicator, the system updates the key figure thresholds for the selected objects. Note: the system only updates the generic thresholds, that have been calculated by the BAdI:Threshold Values for Key Figure Monitor.
Update Key Figure Values: If you set this indicator, the system updates the key figure values for the selected objects by using the report defined the Customizing activity Define Key Figures.
Run the report /RPM/SET_ITEM_ICONS in the back end for the specified portfolio.
In the Log Display, you can see several messages that indicate whether the budget, staffing, and scheduling icons have been calculated as configured in Customizing and whether the update of key figure values or key figure thresholds has been successful.
If you do not set the Test Mode indicator, the log also displays a message to confirm that data was saved successfully. If saving was not successful, the system shows an error message.
ABAP Short Reference General Data in Customer Master
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 7818 Date: 20191207 Time: 230936 sap01-206 ( 41 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.