/SAPAPO/BOP - ATP, BOP: Backorder Processing (Batch)PERFORM Short Reference SUBST_MERGE_LIST - merge external lists to one complete list with #if... logic for R3up
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Batch Backorder Processing
Backorder processing is an availability check tool. You can use this tool to diagnose backorders and override the results of the availability check; in other words, you can redistribute a confirmed quantity of one or several products over a quantity of selected requirements.
The distinction is made between:
- Interactive backorder processing
- This means the interactive distribution of the confirmed quantity to several orders.
- For more information, see the program documentation for interactive backorder processing.
- Batch backorder processing
- This function corresponds to rescheduling in SAP R/3.
Backorder processing in SAP APO, in comparison to backorder processing in SAP R/3, has been expanded by the following functions:
- The filter can be set.
- The sort can be set.
- Scheduling can be set.
- Interactive backorder processing and batch backorder processing can be combined.
Preparation for batch backorder processing divides into two areas:
- Define worklist (filter and sort)
- Define backorder processing parameters
You set which orders are to take part in batch backorder processing. The selection of chosen orders is executed by the filter. You can assign a quantity preferentially to orders, with these orders being processed before those with lower priority. The processing of orders is therefore carried out according to priorities. The prioritization of the orders is ensured by your sort. The sorter carries out the sort.
In the worklist, you define the filter and the sort of the orders and order items for backorder processing.
On the initial screen, you define the filter type that you want batch backorder processing to use. You can select the following filter types:
- Configurable filter (define in Customizing)
- You can set the selection criteria in this filter type. You can define the order types (for example, sales orders) that you want to take part in backorder processing in current settings for Global ATP under Filter Type.
- SAP_ALERT (is delivered)
- The system uses this filter to select orders that are affected by the Alert Monitor.
- SAP_NETCHANGE (is delivered)
- The system uses this filter to select orders for location products in which the net change flag is set.
- When there is a change in the supply situation due to a change or a planning run in PP/DS, SNP, CTM, or changes in the location-specific product master data for ATP, the location product for backorder processing (background/interactive) is selected or flagged. A net change flag is used for selection.
- SAP_ODL (is delivered)
- The system uses this filter to select orders from an order due list (ODL).
- For more information about ODLs, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for SAP SCM under Advanced Planning and Optimization → Global ATP → Tools → Configure Order Due Lists.
- You should be aware that only with this filter can you start batch backorder processing without a sort profile.
In the sort profile, you have defined a list of characteristics (for example, KUNDENGRP, KUNDENPRIO, and so on). You enter the filter type and the sort profile on the initial screen and generate a filter variant. You then enter the characteristic values for the selection. Furthermore, you can limit the scope of the selected order items and the characteristic values via their confirmation status. You can also determine whether confirmations firmed already when selecting order items are taken into account in backorder processing. The filter type settings must be stored in a variant so that they can be taken into account in backorder processing. Any settings that are not saved in a variant are lost.
For a more detailed procedure, see the program documentation for the filter.
Before you perform backorder processing, you should check the worklist. Choose the results list via Display List or from the SAP APO menu under Global ATP ->Backorder Processing ->Backorder Processing Worklist.
The parameters that you set here are relevant to backorder processing control.
- You define the check method for which the redistribution of the confirmed quantities in backorder processing is carried out.
- The corresponding check method is carried out in every case (if this is contained in the check instructions). If you have not selected a check method, only additional available quantities are distributed to the selected orders.
- You can cancel the confirmation for a subset of the selected orders. You create a new filter variant.
- You can carry out rule evaluation (again).
- ATP Customizing can be read.
- The check mode and the product allocation procedure (from the product master) are read and delivered to the OLTP system during the update.
- Define availability check area
- You can determine for which document quantities in backorder processing you want an availability check to be carried out.
- The requested quantity is transferred to the availability check by the requested date. The dates for all documents are redetermined.
- The availability check is carried out for the confirmed quantity by the confirmed date.
- You can specify if Transportation and Shipment Scheduling should be carried out again.
- You define the execution mode.
Define the Execution Mode for Backorder Processing
There are three different execution types for backorder processing:
- Operational backorder processing
- The backorder processing results are updated immediately. The assigned quantities are locked by temporary quantity assignments until updating is completed via the connected OLTP system. The results can be checked subsequently in a log list.
- Real simulation (results list)
- The assigned quantities are not protected by temporary quantity assignments. The results can be checked in a log list. The results of backorder processing cannot be changed or updated interactively.
- Operational simulation (postprocessing through interactive backorder processing)
- The results of backorder processing are not updated immediately. They are saved in a buffer and can be processed further or discarded through interactive backorder processing. The assigned quantities are locked by temporary quantity assignments. Updating can also be triggered or rejected independently of interactive backorder processing.
You can postprocess backorder processing.
Using a report, you can check the settings that you made in the filter or the sort profile before executing backorder processing under Global ATP ->Backorder Processing ->Backorder Processing Worklist.
Furthermore, the following reports are available:
- Backorder processing runtime display
- Backorder processing results display
- Delete backorder processing
- Update backorder processing
Effects on Customizing
- Filter type
- In the filter type, you define which characteristics in a filter can be used for backorder processing. You create the filter type in the current settings for the global availability check.
- Sort profile
- Using the entries in the sort profile, you define the sequence in which the order items are processed in backorder processing. In the sort profile, you enter the characteristics, their sequence (or weighting), and the sort direction. If you have maintained a special sort, you can enter/select this in the sort profile.
- You define a sort profile for backorder processing in the current settings for Global ATP.
- Special sort
- You maintain the use of a special sort in the sort profile. The special sort setting is independent of the sort profile. It is valid for every sort profile that uses the special sort. Using the sort, the order items are brought into a processing sequence for backorder processing (priority assignment). You define the special sort in the current settings for Global ATP.
- Generate filter type and sort profile
- You can generate the filter type and sort profile. Manual generation is not normally necessary. If Customizing settings are changed, the filter type and the sort profile are regenerated, as required.
- If you have transported Customizing settings for backorder processing, it might be necessary to generate the coding for the filter type or the sort profile. If pre-existing filter types are regenerated, the filter variants defined previously can be deleted. You can carry out generation in the current settings for Global ATP.
RFUMSV00 - Advance Return for Tax on Sales/Purchases CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES - Frontend Services
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 11315 Date: 20191021 Time: 154759 sap01-206 ( 63 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.