/TDAG/RCSR_PROP_CONVERT - Convert Property and Characteristic MappingsBAL Application Log Documentation rdisp/max_wprun_time - Maximum work process run time
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
You use this report to convert property and characteristic mappings used in SAP REACH Compliance 1.1 and SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP00 to the new data model that is used in SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP01 and higher.
- You previously used one of the following releases and you have substituted properties and characteristics in this release that you want to preserve:
- SAP REACH Compliance 1.1
- SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP00
- For example, you used discrete industry processes in SAP REACH Compliance 1.1 that required a default mapping to ZPDM* properties and you want to continue to use these properties.
- You have synchronized your Customizing settings with the master client, in particular, the property trees, value assignment types, classes and characteristics.
If you want to use your own settings, you must make your changes before you run this conversion.
- You have read SAP Note 1417498 and, if necessary, you have run report /TDAG/CPX_PROP_MAPPING_FILL.
This report converts property and characteristic mappings based on the parameter mapping model used in releases up to and including SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP00 to the direct mapping model used in SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP01 and higher.
You can revise the source mappings in the parameter mapping model and run the conversion again.
Parameter Mapping Model
In the former parameter mapping model, a parameter could have one of the following three mapping types:
- Value assignment type
- The parameter specifies a default value assignment type that can be replaced by your own value assignment type (for example, ESTCAT_SUBGEN).
- The parameter specifies a default characteristic that can be replaced by your own characteristic (for example, PROP_SUBGEN_REMARK).
- Value assignment type and characteristic
- The parameter specifies a default value assignment type and characteristic. The value assignment type, the characteristic, or both can be replaced (for example, PROP_NORM_STD).
The parameter mapping model does not contain any plausibility checks.
All mappings are stored in database table /TDAG/CPC_PROP.
For more information about how to maintain this configuration in SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP01 and higher before conversion, see SAP Note 1412976.
Direct Mapping Model
The new direct mapping model completely omits parameters and different mapping types and relies on the mapping of default value assignment types to your own value assignment types, and characteristics assigned to a value assignment type (class) that can be mapped to your own characteristics.
Furthermore, this new data model includes plausibility checks based on the value list tables /TDAG/CPC_EC1VAL and /TDAG/CPC_EC2VAL and additional checks incorporated into the Substitute Properties and Characteristics Customizing activity.
The value assignment type mappings are stored in database table /TDAG/CPC_EC1MAP. The characteristic mappings are stored in database table /TDAG/CPC_EC2MAP.
The conversion process includes the following steps:
Read and Check Existing Property Mappings
The report reads the current property and characteristic mappings from database table /TDAG/CPC_PROP and checks whether each parameter was substituted and, if so, whether the value is different from the default.
If you have not specified a mapping value different from the default for a parameter, or you have not specified a mapping value for this parameter, the system outputs a message and no mapping entry is transferred to the new data model for this parameter.
The report reads the contents of the value list tables below. If one of these value list tables is empty, the report outputs an error and the conversion process is aborted.
- /TDAG/CPC_EC1VAL specifies the value assignment types that can be mapped.
- /TDAG/CPC_EC2VAL specifies the characteristics that can be mapped.
The report checks whether a customer-specific parameter is used. The report outputs a warning for any of these non-standard parameters and it cannot convert the corresponding data.
Convert Property Mappings
The following rules apply during conversion to the new direct mapping model:
- The mapping must be permitted according to the value list tables.
- The mapping must not conflict with a mapping that already exists or is converted.
- The mapping target value assignment type or characteristic must be available in the system.
- Mapped characteristics must be assigned to a value assignment type and the combination of value assignment type and characteristic must be valid in the system.
- Each value assignment type and each characteristic can be used as mapping target only once.
If one these rules is violated, the corresponding mapping entry cannot be converted to the new data model and the report outputs an error indicating the conflicting parameter from the parameter mapping model.
If characteristics are mapped, an additional mapping of the corresponding value assignment type is required for the direct mapping model. If no value assignment type mapping is specified in the parameter mapping model, the report creates a mapping of the value assignment type so that it can map the characteristic.
This report has following options:
- Start conversion
- You select this checkbox to start the conversion process. By selecting this checkbox, you agree that you have checked the prerequisites for this conversion. If you do not select this checkbox, the report terminates without starting the conversion process.
- Clear existing target entries
If you select this checkbox, the report deletes all existing target mappings in database tables /TDAG/CPC_EC1MAP and /TDAG/CPC_EC2MAP.
This is useful if you want to run the conversion again after changing the source configuration of the parameter mapping model.
- By default, this checkbox is not selected. The report checks all entries already available in database tables /TDAG/CPC_EC1MAP and /TDAG/CPC_EC2MAP to see if they conflict with the converted entries. Missing mapping entries are added to the existing ones.
- The report outputs a message if it clears the content of any target database table.
After the conversion is finished, the report outputs a log that contains the number of converted value assignment types and characteristics.
You must review the converted mappings and, if necessary, adapt them in Customizing for Product and REACH Compliance under Product Database ->Substitute Properties and Characteristics.
If the report outputs any errors or warnings, at least one existing mapping could not be transferred to the new data model. You must analyze the cause of the conflict and solve this before you use SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0, SP01 or higher.
Fill RESBD Structure from EBP Component Structure CPI1466 during Backup
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 9125 Date: 20200222 Time: 133842 sap01-206 ( 39 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.