New Functions in Report Generation ( RELNEHS_SAF_27A_VFG )ABAP Short Reference ABAP Short Reference
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
New Functions in Report Generation
New Developments for the Product Safety Component
The following functions have been developed for report generation for SAP EH&S Release 2.7A:
- Adjustable Usage Check for the Report Generation Variant
- You can use the new Usage check (U) field in the report generation variant header and for the discrete validity areas for the report generation variant to control the way in which the SAP System compares usages in order to check whether a usage is appropriate (for example when comparing the usage for the report generation variant and the report data to be output (identifiers and value assignment instances)).
- You set up the way in which the system is to compare the validity areas (see also Usage check indicator):
- Whether there must be a subset, intersection, or superset
- Whether a 1:1 check for the validity areas is performed (without expansion of validity areas).
- Status Check
- You can use the new Status check indicator in the report generation variant header to specify whether the specification and phrase status is to be checked in report generation.
- If you call the Report from template function from the specification management hit list, you can override the indicator if required.
- If there is no status entry for the relevant specification that does not permit generation, the status is taken into account in the following way (see also the Generation not permitted indicator in the IMG activity Specify Statuses):
- Taking into account of specification status
- The SAP System checks the usage records for the selected data records that lead to the selection of the data records. If there is a status for the relevant specification that does not permit output on reports, the data record is not output on the report.
- For more information on the specification status, see the release note New Function: Specification Status.
- Taking into account of phrase status
- Depending on the status of the phrase item, you can specify whether the phrase item is expanded on the report, or whether the phrase symbol is not expanded and the additional information for the phrase status is output on the report.
For more information on the phrase status, see the release note New Functions in Phrase Management.
- User-defined text output for a characteristic using the phrase "see user-defined text"
- For this function you need to make the following settings:
- In the IMG activity Specify Environment Parameters, for the environment parameter PHRASE_SEE_FREETEXT, enter the key for the phrase that you have also created for the characteristics to which you want to assign user-defined texts. (Example: Enter the key for the phrase See user-defined text).
- From the Product Safety screen choose Phrase -> Edit phrase set-attribute assignment, navigate to the relevant characteristic and assign the user-defined text key that you have used to define the user-defined text.
If you have created a relevant characteristic as a symbol on your report template, the value file generation
determines all the user-defined texts that are specified for the assigned user-defined text type. The phrase that is created directly for the characteristic is therefore not output on the report.
- Filter for the repeating group of type G (validity area)
- Within the repeating group of type G you can specify the following parameters for restricting output:
- Validity area category or validity area
- The validity area category is new for SAP EH&S Release 2.7A (see also the IMG activity Specify Validity Area Categories).
- Data for this is only output if the corresponding validity areas exist in the relevant report generation variant.
- You can use the following variants on your report template:
- Validity area and language restriction
- Example: <11BRG000(G,A:REG_EU,L:DE;*)>
- Validity area category and language restriction
- Example: <11BRG000(G,T:REGION,L:DE;*)>
- Validity area category restriction
- User exits for sorting and filtering
- When defining a repeating group you can specify a user exit name that must be assigned to the corresponding user exit category GEN_*. You can use this user exit to
- Filter data that was determined by a repeating group
- Control whether the selected data is to be sorted in ascending or descending order
- If necessary, in both cases you can access a parameter that you can specify in the layout and that is transferred to the user exit.
- The data records that are determined by repeating groups are only transferred to the user exit after they have been evaluated, thus allowing any range information to be taken into account.
- (EXIT_01 = name of user exit; parameter = value of parameter used in user exit, for example, field according to which data is to be sorted)
- The user exit cannot be selected for
- - Blank compression
- - Discrete repeating groups
- You can use the sample function module C1AY_SUB_VAL_DETAIL_BUF_READ for filtering assigned characteristic values.
- New customer exit for report generation
- The SAP enhancement C12K0001 has been created so that a WWI destination and therefore the relevant generation server can be assigned to the current generation job.
- For more information see the IMG activity Develop Enhancement for Generation Job.
- Integrating documents from Document Management (DMS)
- As of SAP EH&S Release 2.7A, you can store DMS documents in user-defined text types that have been set up appropriately.
- In order to output these DMS documents on the report, you must
- Insert the symbol for the start of the user-defined text in the report template (GESTDHEADE)
- If the document indicator is set for the relevant user-defined text type in the IMG activity Specify Types for User-Defined Texts in Customizing for Product Safety, the DMS document will be output on the report. If the indicator is not set, the short or long text of the user-defined text will be output.
- Make adjustments in the [DocumentTypes] section of the WWI.INI file according to the IMG activity Adapt WWI.INI.
If more than one DMS document is specified for a user-defined text type they can be output by nesting
a discrete repeating group around the user-defined text symbol, and then nesting a user-defined text repeating group around the discrete repeating group.
- ELSE-branch for blank compression
- In the dialog box for blank compression, you can specify that an alternative ELSE statement is output in your report template. The ELSE statement is inserted as an additional control symbol (for example, <13CNG000>) by the Windows Wordprocessor Integration Program (WWI). Behind this control symbol, you can manually specify the symbol that is to be output as an alternative if blank compression takes effect.
- This syntax has the following meaning:
- If no value is found for the symbol GESTRILXFLG, the value for the symbol ESTRILXFLG is suppressed, but the value for the symbol GESTRIDENT is output.
- If a value is found for the symbol GESTRILXFLG, the value for the symbol ESTRILXFLG is output, but the value for the symbol GESTRIDENT is suppressed.
New Developments for the Dangerous Goods Component
The following enhancement has been implemented for the output of dangerous goods data in transport classification in SAP EH&S Release 2.7B, Support Package 02:
In the standard system, in transport classification, the value assignment type Transport classification is assigned to a real substance, for example, via referencing. In the Transport classification value assignment type, a UN listed substance is assigned to each relevant regulations. Each UN listed substance in turn contains the value assignment type Dangerous goods regulation in which the regulation is specified as a characteristic value. Other dangerous goods data for the dangerous goods regulation is specified for this characteristic value.
From SAP EH&S Release 2.7B, Support Package 02, on EH&S reports you can:
- Restrict the output of the transport classification to specific dangerous goods regulations defined in the generation variant
- Restrict the output of the dangerous goods data for the assigned UN-listed substances to the dangerous goods data of the predefined dangerous goods regulations
Scope of Function
For more information, see the documentation for the DGReg. (dangerous goods regulation) field in the IMG activity Specify Validity Area Categories.
So that the new value file generation for SAP EH&S Release 2.7A can function without errors, when upgrading release versions, you must execute the conversion program RC1XTC.
The conversion program checks, for example, whether
- The numbering is unique for nested repeating groups
- The main repeating groups for characteristic symbols exist
For more information, see the documentation for the report program RC1XTC.
Effects on Customizing
For user-defined text output for a characteristic, edit the environment parameter PHRASE_SEE_FREETEXT in the IMG activity Specify Environment Parameters.
You edit the user exits for sorting and filtering in the IMG activity
Manage User Exits.
You edit the customer exit for the generation job in the IMG activity
Develop Enhancement for Generation Job
To integrate DMS documents in the report, process the following IMG activities:
- Specify Types for User-Defined Texts
- Adapt WWI.INI
Changes in procedure
The function Copy template has been set up for generation variants and report templates:
- In the hit list for generation variants under Generation variant.
- In the hit list for report templates under Report template.
- The previous function Edit -> Copy has been deactivated.
rdisp/max_wprun_time - Maximum work process run time Addresses (Business Address Services)
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 15287 Date: 20200606 Time: 053559 sap01-206 ( 58 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.