/IAM/VC_TYPE - Define Object AccessABAP Short Reference SUBST_MERGE_LIST - merge external lists to one complete list with #if... logic for R3up
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
In this Customizing activity, you configure for all object types and object categories the access to the source systems where the respective reference objects are located.
In addition, you can view and delete logs relating to access and make settings for the logs.
If you use object-based navigation (OBN), make sure that the following requirements in the given order are fulfilled:
- You have made the settings that are described under Define Details for Jump to Linked Applications.
- For the local system and all remote systems you want to access, you have defined a logical system under Define Logical System and have assigned the client under Assign Logical System to Client.
- For all remote systems, you have defined RFC destinations under Create RFC Connections.
- The user assigned to the RFC destination needs to have appropriate authorization for the relevant back-end objects.
- You have assigned the RFC destinations to the logical systems under Determine RFC Destinations for Method Calls by creating a standard BAPI destination for each logical system.
If you use intent-based navigation (IBN), you do not have to fulfill further requirements to set up this Customizing activity.
We deliver various object types and object categories with corresponding mappings. For each object type, we deliver a Business Add-In (BAdI) and BAdI implementations for each object category, which are also necessary for object access.
Settings for Management of Change
When you use Management of Change, the following object types are supported on a local system:
- Batch (BAT)
- Change Master (ECN)
- Customer (CUS)
- Document (DOC)
- Equipment (EQ)
- Functional Location (FL)
- Internal Order (IO)
- Material (MAT)
- Outbound Delivery (DLV)
- Outbound Delivery Item (DLI)
- Plant (PLA)
- Plant Maintenance Notification (PMN)
- Plant Maintenance Order (PMO)
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Purchase Order Item (POI)
- Risk Assessment Request in EHS (RAR)
- Vendor (VEN)
Note, that you must not add the following on a local system:
- Object types from remote systems.
- Other object types than the listed above.
Proceed as follows:
- In the object type configuration, you define the reference system and the reference system category for all object types for which access is required.
- If the reference object category and reference system is not defined, the system may automatically propose a default reference category (to access a concrete data model of the object type in the local system).
- In the category configuration, you define the different categories required to access data from the local and remote systems. For each object category, the system indicates whether access from the local system is supported.
- To be able to grant authorizations for the system access (authorization object S_RFC), you can find the RFCs relevant for an object category using the Implementation Information button.
- Note: When you use the application Quality Issue Management (QIM), the system can additionally perform ID mapping for master data reference objects for certain object types (under the prerequisite that the business function MDG_FOUNDATION is activated). If you have a harmonized system landscape, no additional ID mapping is necessary. If individual values in the systems differ for the same object, you must activate the ID mapping in the system-dependent settings. If the indicator is set, the system takes the ID mapping stored under Create and Edit Key Mapping into account.
- In the system-dependent settings for an object category, you create an entry for each source system by adding the logical system name and setting the Activeindicator. An icon indicates whether system access to the remote system is supported.
- With the Limited Dialog Application (LDA) indicator, the system indicates if there is only limited access to the source system. For example, some older systems do not offer web applications.
- Note: For the delivered object category MAT_NW, access is always limited for technical reasons, even if the Limited Dialog Application indicator is not set by the system.
In this Customizing activity you can view and manually delete the logs that are written by the system for each access to an object category. You can also make the following settings:
- Specify the lowest problem class the messages that are displayed in the log must have.
- Specify after how many days a log is to be deleted automatically.
General Material Data CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES - Frontend Services
This documentation is copyright by SAP AG.
Length: 6067 Date: 20191022 Time: 221711 sap01-206 ( 37 ms )
Looking for Support? Questions?
Leave us your contact details and we will call you back. Panels marked with * are mandatory.